Analyze Your Content’s Performance with Digital Marketing Software
We get it. We understand that statistical analysis might not have been your favorite subject in school. But the kind of data you can acquire with digital marketing software could put statistics on your “favorites” list after all.
Analyzing your content’s performance allows you to test and tune your marketing, just as an OEM tests and tunes new equipment or new features before introducing them. Your advantage is that you can continue to fine-tune even after you launch a marketing campaign or some specific content.
What do you get from analytics?
You can quickly ditch non-performing content before you’ve wasted precious time and effort, not to mention money. You can repeat what you know is working. Your marketing is more effective and more cost-effective. You get higher conversion rates. And stronger customer loyalty.
You can experiment with content, without waiting weeks to see results. Better yet, you’ll know what aspect of your content was most effective. You can dissect it in almost any way you want. Was it the words you used? The placement of your photo or other graphics? The color of your call-to-action button? The offer itself? Did a particular content topic attract the most attention as a blog article? Video? Webinar?
Analytics also help you monitor engagement, to see how well you’re retaining your targets’ interest. Track leads until it’s time to hand them off to your sales reps, confident your reps have enough information about that lead to hold a meaningful and productive conversation with them.
What can you track?
- Offer and landing page response — how many people redeemed a content offer, and how that compares to the total number of landing page viewings.
- Whether those who redeemed your content offer were new or folks already in your sales funnel. Both are important.
- Page views and traffic counts – follow your blog’s performance overall and by specific post, too, to see which topics resonate best with your audience.
- Inbound links, that boost your authority ranking with search engines. See how many you’ve received and where they’re coming from, important because quality matters even more than quantity.
- Social media sharing – a key indicator of your content’s value to your audience, and another SEO booster. See which content was shared most.
- Conversion rates, on everything from every individual website pages to each blog post’s calls to action.
The ability to analyze which content topics, formats and delivery channels produce the greatest results – separately and in various combinations – is what enables you to refine your content marketing. Use what you learn. Discuss your analytics regularly with your marketing and sales teams, to improve every step of your lead generation process.
How does digital marketing software help?
Online marketing is inherently complex. Specifically-designed software can be a monumental help creating, managing and evaluating content and results. You can coordinate SEO, social media, online advertising, email marketing, mobile optimization, and analytics across any number of channels. You can gather customer data and use it to personalize your offers and effectively nurture leads. All the tools you need are right at your fingertips.
All digital marketing software incorporates some of these attributes, whereas some applications offer comprehensive, all-in-one packages that also mesh smoothly with your CRM tools.
With digital marketing software analytics, your sales and marketing efforts can be more agile, better-targeted, more responsive and more productive. You’ll be more effective at attracting and engaging leads. And that will help you increase sales.